St Botolph's without Aldersgate Church
Of medieval origin, this Church survived the Great Fire of London but was rebuilt in 1788–91. It was one of four Churches in medieval London dedicated to St Botolph, a 7th century East Anglian saint, each of which stood by one of the gates to the City: Billingsgate (destroyed in 1666 and not rebuilt); Aldgate; Bishopsgate; and Aldersgate.
St Botolph's churchyard was combined with those of St Leonard, Foster Lane, and Christchurch, Newgate Street, into Postman's Park (Click Here for more info) and this now contains the Watts memorials to civilian Londoners who died heroic deaths.
Further information on the Church can be found by clicking the button below.