The photograph above shows the two, high-rise Tower blocks which exist within the Ward of Aldersgate. On the left is Lauderdale Tower and to the right is Shakespeare Tower. In-between is Defoe House, one of the 'low-rise' blocks - also in Aldersgate.
Aldersgate Ward Club was founded in 1860 as the Aldersgate Ward Past Officers' Club, and was revised in 1909 as The Aldersgate Ward Club. The Club exists today as a social organisation which promotes good fellowship and the maintenance of the traditions of the City of London. The Club arranges social events throughout the year to further friendly relations among the members.